A long historical used commuter connection between the Antelope Valleys and Santa Clarita Valleys, this section of the San Francisquito road is now just a ruined pathway where hikers, wild creatures, curious folk, and vandals now only tread. After heavy rains in early 2005, this road was closed down for many months as a new road path had to be routed and constructed. Along this path which can now only mainly be accessed by foot though is some richer history as small traces and remnants of the great St. Francis dam disaster which took place in 1928 can be seen or found around here.

Beginning or End

Beginning or End

Vandalized Signage

Vandalized Signage

Tree covered path

Tree covered path

Washed Away

Washed Away

Rubble

Rubble

Road Splittings

Road Splittings

About Mid Section

About Mid Section

Narrow Bridge Railings Down

Narrow Bridge Railings Down

Advertisements